October 22, 2020
options for isntrument vary by maker and model. Read below
for further information.
Eastman instruments: Pegs, nut, and sound post
are mostly finished. They are not strung and will require shop
Semi-fitted bridges are included with the 80, 100 and 105 instruments
and outfits. These bridges need to be adjusted for optimum height,
thickness, etc. Eastman models 200 and up do not include bridges.
Free strings are included with orders of 2 or more Eastman
instruments; otherwise strings are extra More details in our
GEWA instruments vary in their setup, as described in
details of each instrument.
- GEWApure violins, violas, and cellos are set up, ready-to-play.
For bass setup, see chart below, pricing same as Eastman 80.
- Allegro, Ideale and Concerto feature a good setup with Vision
strings and Aubert bridge (or comparable choice).
- 'Le Rideau' violins are available with or without setup,
see published prices.
- Ackert von Adorf violins are set up with Larsen Virtuoso or Dominant
strings, cellos with Crown strings (or comparable choice).
- GEWA basses have a basic factory setup but the nut, bridge
and soundpost require adjustment for best playability. Fingerboards
may also require dressing. SuperSensitive Red Label strings
are usually provided. (GEWApure basses are supplied with factory
Heffler instruments are supplied with pegs semi-fitted,
but no work to the nut, and without bridge or sound post.
Dealers may purchase these instruments from us as-is, or ready-to-play
with Bosco setup; options are below.